EU Settlement Scheme

No matter what language you speak, we can help

If you’re an EU (but not British), EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after brexit beyond 2020 and you will get either settled status (SS) or pre-settled status (pre-SS).


There is no cost for the application.


You may be able to stay in the UK without applying - for example, if you’re an Irish citizen or have been granted Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Or if you have been in the UK since before 1988 you might choose to apply via the Windrush scheme.

Citizens Advice Liverpool has an EUSS Support Team to help people complete their applications.

We provide information for all and offer assistance to those with certain vulnerabilities, such as being elderly, fleeing domestic abuse, having disabilities or long-term health conditions, leaving care, members of the Roma community and those experiencing social exclusion because belong to marginalised groups. 

The deadline for making applications to the EU Settlement Scheme is on 30 June 2021.

As long as the application is submitted by this date, further evidence can be added later.

Late applications after this date will only be accepted in certain circumstances and we can help with these as well, but the longer you leave it the less likely will it be accepted by the Home Office, so please contact us NOW to make your application. We want to make sure that no-one is left behind without the status they need and at the mercy of the hostile environment.
Please spread the word to any EU citizens or their non-EU-non-British family members to contact us for help with their EUSS applications.


To contact the EUSS Support Team direct please email:

or call

0151 522 1400 Ext 5002

More Information

More detailed information

In different Languages


Citizens Advice

National Website

This is our new advice for European citizens on staying in the UK after Brexit.

You’ll usually have to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme online. There are a few situations when you’ll need to use a paper form.

UK Home Office

Apply to the

EU Settlement Scheme

(settled and pre-settled status)